Maternal Opiate Medical Support
Crisis Text Line 24/7 Support
A collaborative community team for the Maternal Opiate Medical Support (MOMS) program has been developed to support the health, safety and well-being of infants and the recovery of pregnant women with opioid use disorders. A family of professionals at Blanchard Valley Hospital will establish an individualized support plan for each patient to ensure a safe and stable environment for mother and infant.
The coordination of care will take place between obstetric providers (OB), outpatient medication assisted treatment specialists, outpatient mental health providers, the BVH Labor and Delivery department and the BVH Special Care Nursery (SCN). Experienced OB and SCN staff delivery quality of care during and after pregnancy.
If not already established, staff members can link patients with an OB provider who has privileges to deliver at Blanchard Valley Hospital and a medication assisted treatment specialist.
Weekly MOMS meetings will provide education and resource information including:
- Learning how to have a healthy baby and pregnancy
- Enrolling in rewards programs
- Talking with healthcare professionals and tour maternity and special care nursery at BVH
- Smoking cessation
- Recognizing postpartum depression
- Getting ready for your baby’s birth
- Learning how to provide the best care for your baby
- Accessing transportation assistance
- Finding the right resources in the community, such as baby supplies, food resources and more
- Obtaining education on Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
To refer a patient or have questions, please call the BVHS Clinical Navigator of the MOMS Program
Blanchard Valley Hospital
1900 South Main Street, Findlay
Are you or a loved one struggling with mental health or substance use? We are here to help you on your path to health.